Three all-star judges. Over one hundred fantastic entries. More than 30 amazing prizes. SugarSlam II was mind-blowing… but SugarSlam III is already shaping up to be bigger and badder than either of its predecessors. You’ve patiently waited for this year’s competition to get going and your wait is over. SugarSlam III: Batter Royal is officially upon us. Check out the rules & regs, and stay tuned to Bake and Destroy for special guest commentary on entries as they come in by author/musician/wild man Mike Edison!
This page will not be updated so please follow SugarSlam III on Facebook to find out more about the judges & prizes!
Deadlines & Whatnot
The contest starts NOW!
- Contest Ends: August 15, 2012 – No entries will be accepted after this date!
- Submit as many entries as you want.
- International entries are eligible, however some prizes may vary depending on where you live.
All entries must be considered dessert/sweet items. Cakes, cookies, ice cream, etc. Qualification ultimately lies with the judges’ decision. If you aren’t sure if your idea qualifies, leave a comment on this post & someone will get back to you.
- You must bake and decorate your own entry. Your friends and family are welcome to help, but you can’t hire or commission someone else to do it for you.
- Entries do not have to be “from scratch.” Boxed mixes and canned frostings are fine.
- Entries must be professional wrestling-themed (any federation), but this is NOT a decorating contest. Judging will be just as much about creativity as appearance, so don’t worry if you’re not a decorator.
- Be original. Please take a look at the entries from 2011 and don’t repeat anyone else’s idea.
- Your entry must be edible. Non-edible supports are allowed, but be reasonable.
How to Enter
To enter, send ONE image file to SugarSlam3@gmail.com along with a title and short description of the entry. The description is especially important for those of you who decide not to go literal with your entry. If you’d like to share more than one image, please use Photoshop or a free online photo collage editor to create one image file. (Example)
- Although it’s not at all necessary – you are welcome to make a WWE-style promo video talking about why your entry is going to win and the others suck.
- Silliness and gore are welcome, but keep it suitable for children. No nudity or cussing, please. (All entries are subject to approval.)
- Entering this contest gives me the right to reproduce and use your images throughout my site and on promotional materials, etc., as I see fit without compensation. Please note that I may use your photos even if you do not win. I will always try to credit your photos, but if you anticipate whining about this, don’t enter.
- The judges & I have the right to reject any entry for any reason.
How to Win
There are two titles up for grabs: SugarSlam 2012 Champion and People’s Choice. Our panel of judges will choose the Champ: Zach Linder, Amy Dumas & Justin Howard. To be fair to any of my “real-life” friends who are entering, I will not be judging. The readers of Bake and Destroy will choose the People’s Choice winner.
Judges will be looking for creativity first and foremost. As I mentioned, this is not a decorating contest, although awesomely decorated cakes, cookies and cupcakes are certainly welcome and encouraged.
What You’ll Win
Stay tuned to Bake and Destroy for a post detailing all of this year’s prizes. In the meantime, I will tease you with links to all of the confirmed prize sponsors so far:
- Challengers Comics + Conversation
- Dotty the Demon Jewelry
- Lucky Cupcake Hairclips
- Two Reverends
- Twinkie Chan
- AJ Sweet Soap
- Circa Ceramics
More to come!
SugarSlam Street Teams
Want to get involved without entering? You’re the best.
- “Like” SugarSlam III on Facebook & tell your friends to do the same!
- Download these posters designed by our friends at Two Reverends, print ‘em out & hang them all over your town! 11×17 Poster or Standard Flyer
Have other ideas for spreading the word? Leave a comment!
An Andre the Giant-sized thank you go out to Two Reverends for designing this year’s posters, logos, etc. Thank you to Dani for funding all my printing costs this year! Thanks to all my prize sponsors – you are all generous and tons of fun.
Have more questions? Click here & leave them as a comment!